English for Academic Purpose
The English for Academic Purposes Program (EAP) is the equivalent of American Language Academy’s Intensive English Program (IEP) given over a longer period of time. EAP is designed to offer the best learning experiences and support to English learners to meet their needs for their academic or professional purposes. This program was created for English learners who are unable to commit to a full-time program of English language study.
The EAP specializes in providing English language instruction for students who wish to attend an American university or college for their undergraduate and graduate studies. The ALA English for Academic Purposes Program graduation certificate assures that students possess the English language skills necessary to succeed at the university level.
Our EAP program gives you the flexibility of combining your other obligations with high-quality courses in academic and professional English. If you are a working adult, an English learner studying in another field beside English, or a mother with small children, this is the program for you!
- Method of Instruction: On Campus or Online
- Prerequisites: iTEP Placement Test
- Level Categories: Introduction, Foundation, Academic, Advanced Academic
- Est. Completion Date: 24-36 months from the start of the program
- EAP Graduation Certificate: Waives TOEFL, IELTS, or other standardized English test scores to our partner institutions
- EAP-11 Duration per Level: 18 weeks (9 weeks per level section)/11 hours per week
- Program Completion Requirements: Completion of Level 5B
- Total number of units in EAP-11: 12 levels (units)
- EAP-7.5 Duration per Level: 27 weeks (9 weeks per level section)/7.5 hours per week
- Program Completion Requirements: Completion of Level 5C
- Total number of units in the EAP-7.5: 18 levels (units)
- Contact Admissions@ala.edu for EAP 7.5 course details.
- Enrollment: Open enrollment throughout the session
- Course Schedule: Morning, Afternoon, or Evening hours available