Intensive Chinese Program
American Language Academy® (ALA) provides four proficiency levels of foundation Chinese language instruction to learners who wish to travel or do business in China or who wish to attend a Chinese college or university. ALA’s Intensive Chinese Program offers Introduction/Foundation Level Chinese (Levels 0, 1, 2 and 3). Each Chinese course includes instruction in listening, writing, reading, speaking, and Chinese grammar.
Foundation Chinese – Levels 0, 1, 2 and 3
Students in these Foundation levels of instruction develop skills in all areas of communication in Chinese, enriched by real-life language practice and cultural activities for a complete language-learning experience. Students in the foundation levels will develop skills in listening comprehension and speaking as well as in reading and writing Chinese characters. Some simulated academic tasks and academic vocabulary are introduced and developed throughout these levels.
Intensive Chinese Program (ICP) Overview
Mission Statement: The mission of the Foreign Language Program at American Language Academy® is to provide the best learning experiences and support to Foreign Language Learners (FLLs) to meet their language needs for their academic, professional, and social purposes.
- Method of Instruction: On Campus or Online
- Prerequisites: Introduction to Chinese Course or Placement Test
- Level Categories: Introduction, Foundation
- Est. Completion Date: 8-12 months from the start of the program
- Duration per Level: 9 weeks (per level/section)/22 hours per week
- Foundation Chinese Completion Requirements: Completion of Level 3
- Total number of units: 4 levels (units)
- Enrollment: Open enrollment throughout the session
- Course Schedule: Monday-Friday, standard day-time hours, additional times available upon request
For more information, contact us at +1 336-285-7318 or email@example.com.